- Forest, Farm, and Community Tree Network (FACT Net) ( http://www.winrock.org/forestry/factnet.htm ) is the new
incarnation of the Nitrogen Fixing Tree Association (NFTA) which has provided invaluable information to thousands of
practitioners and researchers in the use of nitrogen fixing and multipurpose trees for more than 15 years.
- Web LinksECHO - Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization (http://www.xc.org/echo/) Offers very useful information and
resources to practitioners around the world, with an emphasis on self-sufficiency systems. ECHO is dedicated to solve
the problems giving rise to food shortages by empowering people to make wise use of their resources.
- Permaculture International Homepage (http://nornet.nor.com.au/environment/perma/index.html) is an essential link in
exploring tropical and subtropical permaculture including articles from the excellent Permaculture International
Journal, mail order books and permaculture links.
- Trees for the Future ( http://www.treesftf.org/) is a non-profit organization initiating and supporting agroforestry
self-help projects in cooperation with groups and individuals in developing countries.
- LEUCNET (http://users.ox.ac.uk/~dops0024/) is an informal network of scientists, extensionists and tree growers who
share a common interest in improving the productivity and utility of leucaena.
- Forestry Programme (http://www.fao.org/fo) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- The International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF) (http://www.cgiar.org/icraf) conducts strategic and
applied research, in partnership with national agricultural research systems, for more sustainable and productive land use
- Management of Organic Inputs in Soils of the Tropics (MOIST)
(http://ppathw3.cals.cornell.edu/mba_project/moist/home2.html) is a rich source of information on green manure/cover
crops and hosts an active email discussion group on green manures/cover crops
- Sustainable Harvest International (SHI) (http://www.sustainableharvest.org/) provides farmers and communities in the
tropics with long-term assistance implementing environmentally and economically sustainable technologies.
- Adopt-A-Stream Foundation (http://www.streamkeeper.org/) Resources: Tools and information to teachers on how to
initiate stream and watershed inventory, monitoring, protection, and restoration activities; videos, posters, brochures
- American Rivers (http://www.amrivers.org/) Resources: Salmon in the Classroom curriculum
- BIO-ASSESS (http://www.auburn.edu/aww/awwprogram/bioassess.htm) an environmental game that simulates stream
biological assessment and watershed evaluation in the classroom, Alabama Water Watch
- Interpretive Programs (http://www.metrokc.gov/parks/events/tracks.htm) King County Parks Division. Resources:
Puget Sound Connection and Wetlands Connection programs; background information, brochures, classroom visits,
curricula, displays/exhibits, field experience, field trips, monitoring, speakers, teacher workshops, tours, and volunteer
- Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center (http://www.pacsci.org/public/slough/) Pacific Science Center.
Brochures, field experience, field trips, and laboratory experience.
- The Seattle Aquarium - Education (http://www.seattleaquarium.org/education.htm) Resources: On-site and outreach
classes and materials on marine life and watersheds.
- T.R.E.E. Guide (Teaching Resources for Environmental Education) (http://seeh.spl.org/) clearinghouse for local
environmental education and fieldtrip information, Seattle Public Library
- Washington State Office for Environmental Education (http://cisl.ospi.wednet.edu/CISL/ENVED/ENVEDTOC.html)
Resources: Environmental education, networking, and workshop information
- Watersheds - Cedar Education Program (http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/util/watershed/cedar/education.htm) Watershed
Management Division, City of Seattle Public Utilities. Resources: Integrated hands-on field experience at the Cedar River
Watershed, in-class presentations and brochures, exhibits, and displays; pre- and post-field trip materials.
Monitoring Water & Watersheds
Agencies & Institutions
Project Funding Sources
Grant - Technology & Startup
Grant Writing and Information
Watershed Data Online
Watershed Environmental Companies List
Watershed Group Issues
Building Membership and Support
Meetings and Group Processes
Public Information and Relations
Watershed Sample Plans